Monday, November 16, 2009

UPDATE

WOW! It has been a long time since I've written.

It has been about a month since I've written about my adventure, so I'll break this up into short and sweet segments before giving a more detailed current situation recap.

Part 1: Icelanders.


I met some Icelanders through the Icelandic Association of Chicago. They're lots of fun and it's nice to get out and explore the city with different groups of people.




Also, the group participates in Christmas tree decorating at the Museum of Science and Industry. The museum decorates their lobby with lots of Christmas trees decorated by different countries.




Part 2: Halloween

I spent Halloween in the suburbs with Sara, her husband Steve, her parents, and Logan the Baby. (Vern the Dog joined in the festivities as well.)

I had originally intended to go as a Greco-Roman statue, but moving kind of zapped my costume budget, so when I came across a plastic fox mask at a Halloween store for under five dollars, I decided to go with that.

Sara and Steve are big costume people and love playing with make-up effects. Sara went as a gothic rag doll, and Steve went as one of the "Red Shirts" from Star Trek.


 













Of course, it wouldn't be a holiday with Sara without theme food!


Apple cupcakes with frosting by Steve.










                                      Deviled eggs w/ black olive spiders.









"Maggot dogs," which are made by sticking uncooked spaghetti through hot dogs and then boiling them.








                                        
              Home-made macaroni and cheese with a face made of veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment